Global Investors Meet
9-10th Sep 2015
- #1 State in 8 out of 9 Development Parameters like Economy, Power, Roads and Health
- 8.4% Second Largest contributor to India’s GDP
- 28% Contribution to India’s renewable energy capacity, higher than any other state
- 7% State ranks thrid in terms of Cumulative FDI inflows(USD 17B from April 2000 to March2015)
- 18% Highest number of Technical universities in the country
- 16% State’s share in India’s industrial workforce
- 17% share in number of factories, higher than any other state
- 11% contribution to India’s industrial output
- Single window Faciliation within 30 days
- 3 major ports, 23 minor ports
- 15% of Total cargo handled in india
- Over 400,000 engineers and graduates
- 200,000km of Road network
- Tax exemption and incentives
Few weeks back in the first week of August, there was a state government delegation from India, Tamil Nadu State came to US, mainly to silicon valley.
Though i’m not a valley superstar who is known by everybody in Silicon Valley and raised 100s of millions, i know few people who also know me through few good interactions, occasions, online acquaintances.
I was trying to help the TN govt delegation to meet up with few of those great people.
- Mr. TK. Ramachandran IAS,Principle Secretary, IT department for Government of Tamil Nadu
- Mr. Atul Anand IAS, Managing Director of Electronics Corporation of Tami Nadu
- Mr. B. Evanesan – Manager – Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu
- K. Purushothaman – Senior Director – NASSCOM