|Dear Valued EMC Customer,
As you know, Michael Dell, MSD Partners, and Silver Lake are leading a transaction to combine the EMC Federation of companies and Dell. This business combination will create the world¹s largest privately-controlled technology company. We expect the transaction to close in mid-2016.
Our combined product and technology portfolios and sales approaches are complementary, so customers can buy with confidence as we expect minimal disruption to existing product lines. In fact, the strength of our combination is generating positive feedback from customers excited about what the future will bring.
I commit to you that EMC will sustain our absolute focus on you, our valued customers, to power your IT transformation initiatives by:
1. Delivering the high quality customer experience you expect from EMC, including our customary commitment to support all current products as we always have
2. Extending our technology leadership through investment in R&D, including enhancing existing products and roadmaps
3. Preserving our dedication to customer choice (free of lock-in)
4. Continuing to enhance our partnerships & technology ecosystems
5. Listening to customer feedback and communicating updates to you clearly — and often.
Combined, EMC and Dell will be a leader in 22 Gartner Magic Quadrants, with an end-to-end product portfolio spanning the world’s greatest technology franchises in storage, servers, virtualization, PCs, including leadership positions in software-defined data center, hybrid cloud, converged infrastructure, mobile and security.
Plus, moving to a privately-controlled ownership model will provide more freedom to invest for the long-term, in R&D and innovation to provide you with top-class products, services and support.
We very much look forward to bringing the power of this combination to you, and we thank you for your continued confidence in us as your trusted partner in your IT transformation.
Chief Executive Officer
EMC Information Infrastructure